Monday, June 15, 2009

Maiden Monday Musings during Summer Vacation


"No more pencils...no more books...no more teacher's dirty looks...."

Ooops! Wait a minute! That "teacher" would be me, huh? (And I've got news for my kids...the looks are staying.)

Happy Monday! The first Monday in our Summer break! Woo-hoo!! I can't believe we're at this point in the year already.

We took "last-day-of-school" photos on Friday, and I suddenly realized, we started the schoolyear with two kids and finished it with THREE. Yikes! I hope this isn't some kind of trend.


Funny enough, life isn't slowing down for us...at least not yet.

Emily begins her "pointe club" -- a ballet "intensive" camp -- tonight. It will run from 5:30 to 8 every night this week. Edward has his last soccer game this coming Thursday. And Emily still needs to finish her life science lessons.

Still, it's nearly SUMMER!! Yippee!!

The weather has remained a tad chillier than usual, though you won't catch me complaining. Cooler weather means NO air conditioning...and no air conditioning means lower electric bills. Now that's something to really WOOOOO-HOOOO about!

Stuart and I continue our Monday Movie Nights with "Mall Cop" tonight. Hopefully, it will be every bit as funny as people say it is. There's not much on television at the moment, so we're spending our time doing other fun stuff. A win-win all around, right?

Since, it's late, and I'm posting this late, I'll bid you adieu a little earlier this week. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Jadie said...

Happy Summer Holiday to the Foote Family!!!! Yeeeeeeeeh, I wish all of you a sunny, playfull, laughable, activity summer and althought there is no real education, I'm sure there will be lots of things to learn...