Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Totally Tuesday Tidings

Happy Tuesday to you! The last one in June!

I'm writing my musings today instead of yesterday since we (my sister, my kids, and I) took a quick one-day trip to the beach...to play in the ocean, walk the "boards," swim in a pool, and visit my 87-year-old grandmother.

Since it's about a 3-hour drive, it meant an early start and a late finish, but we had a really good time, and it was wonderful to see my grandmother.

The weather wasn't very cooperative, and we ended up getting rained on a little (with a few rumblings of thunder), but the kids managed to dig in the sand and bury their aunt's feet...and generally enjoy themselves. (See the slide show below.) And I must say, the smell of the ocean was invigorating! We enjoyed some "boardwalk fries" and fudge...along with all the goodies we'd brought along for the trip.

In other news...

Hmm...

There's not much other news.

We are plodding through the summer, enjoying the slightly more relaxed schedule. It doesn't seem possible that school will begin again in a few months. But let's not think of that just yet...

The weather is cooler today due to a horrible thunderstorm we had last night, which arrived during the last half-hour of our drive home. I don't think the kids were ever quite so glad to see their beds.

We head to Hershey Park on Saturday for Stuart's company picnic. The kids are so excited since it means a day of going on rides followed by a yummy picnic dinner. It's the perfect way for our family to go to an amusement park -- actually the only way for us to go...because it's free.

More and more photos and articles are surfacing from the filming of the 24: Season 7 Prequel. And it looks mighty fine...mighty fine indeed. Only a little less than 5 months until that airs...and about 7 1/2 months until the new season begins. Fingers crossed that nothing will stop it this time. The Mirrors movie also comes out soon, and from the two trailers I've seen of it so far, it looks VERY scary. I told Stuart that if the baby is born during our viewing of this film and it's a boy, he's going to be named "Kiefer." He wasn't quite agreeable to that idea. *wink*

Speaking of the baby, we have our next appointment with our midwife tomorrow to see how our little "Leechie" is doing. I just hit 28 weeks last week and cannot believe how quickly this whole pregnancy is going.

I've been hustling to get stuff cleaned out and moved so that we can set up the baby's room. Last week, I discovered a box of all the news articles I penned while working for the Reading Eagle. It's been nearly 11 years since I left the newspaper to give birth to Emily...and I'd forgotten all the fantastic companies/people I enjoyed interviewing during my tenure with them. It's funny how life can twist and turn and change so much over the years, but a simple piece of paper can jog a memory and take you back to another moment in time.

On that note, I must bid you adieu and get some lunch ready for my hungry tribe.

1 comment:

Randi Jo :) said...

Hey! I can't believe it's the end of June...just crazy.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE boardwalk fries - with LOTS of vinegar. I can't wait to head up north for our family vacation (my side of the family) the 3rd week of July - I pray my dad can swallow good food by then - he will be disappointed if he can't.

your grandma looks great and I'm glad you all had fun. enjoy your weekend! Hopefully 'talk' more soon!! take care