Monday, April 13, 2009

Bouncing, Springing, Hopping Monday Musings

Happy Easter Monday!

Ha! I did it! I broke my enslavement, bondage, captivity with alliterative Monday titles...and I also discovered thesaurus.com. Cool site! *wink-grin*

Anyhoo. We had a busy holiday weekend, cleaning up leftover chocolates some stuff around the house, dyeing and eating Easter eggs, and eating chocolate getting ready for Easter.

We decided to send the kids on a treasure hunt for Easter instead of an egg hunt. We thought we'd come up with some exceptionally hard clues, but the kids had them figured out within minutes. We think they really enjoyed the Easter "Domos" we gave to them in lieu of more, ahem, traditional stuffed bunnies or chickies.


I think they're cute...not in a cuddly way, really. But cute, nonetheless?

We dyed eggs on Saturday evening. I cooked 2 dozen and each of us got to color/decorate/dye six of them. The only problem? Now the kids have a hard time eating the ones they made. My solution? Take a photo of them before they're eaten. Perfect, right? A win-win all around. So I'll have 24 closeups of decorated Easter eggs on my hard-drive. Not a bad tradeoff to keep the kids from saving their eggs forevermore. Gotta love technology.

Ethan seemed to enjoy his first Easter. He got a bunch of fun little goodies -- none of which is made of chocolate (shucks!!) -- and got to dress up just like his big brother. He also got to wear a number of bunny items, including the cutest bunny hat. No doubt, he'll protest the pics we have of him wearing it in, oh, I don't know, about a decade. Still, we enjoyed it!


Another exciting, daunting, eye-popping, exhilarant episode of 24 overhangs, awaits, looms. Jack has been exposed....oops! No spoilers. Suffice it to say, we'll be on the edge of our seats (again!). We've got our pretzel bits soaking, and we'll be cooking them just before the show so that we have hot, nibbly things to eat instead of our fingernails. I've been rewatching the earlier seasons again while I fold laundry during the week. I'm at the end of Season 1 and cannot bring myself to watch the last 15 minutes...even though I know exactly what happens...Sigh.

I had lots of other fun tidbits to report, all of which I've forgotten now, so I'll end this with the hope that you enjoyed your Easter Monday.

No comments: