Sunday, March 10, 2013

Realizations

I've realized something important about myself and my blog...

I've missed it. I've missed writing posts. I've missed posting photos. I've missed keeping up with the daily happenings in our own little family. I've missed reminiscing. I've missed musing merrily on Mondays.... 

And, mostly, I've missed my old color scheme. 

Isn't that odd?

I loved redesigning my blog in a new template -- it has a lot more freedom -- but I realized it was just too busy.

When I started blogging back in 2006, I chose a color scheme of green and yellow. I love those colors. They're soft and warm and remind me of Spring. 

Now, I'm not saying it will get me writing again in earnest. (I sure wish it would.) But I do know that I need to keep going with my little quirky little piece of the blog-o-sphere if for nothing else but to save my sanity. 

Writing is therapeutic. It allows us to express ourselves with thought and clarity that we often can't verbalize. It's not for everyone, I realize, but it is something that I personally find I can't live without. Whenever I try, I begin to feel like I'm dehydrated. My brain goes in circles, and I feel cluttered.

So I've done a work-around (my old color scheme wasn't available on the new templates of Blogger), and I think I have something of my "old look" back on here. 

Fingers-crossed, I'll see you tomorrow. *wink-grin*

No comments: