Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Only Time...

I love the music of Enya! I discovered her music while living in England. It matched the countryside and overall aura of that pleasant land. I found it inspirational to write to, read to, travel to.

So I bought every song she ever released. I love her music that much.

The song on my blog's video player at the moment is one from A Day Without Rain, an album that I played during Edward's birth. I can't listen to it without thinking back on that moment.

It was surreal.

We had decided to try having Emily at home. (I say "home" but it was actually my parents' home as we lived in a very small apartment.) And since it turned out to be a very "good" experience, when I got pregnant with Edward, it didn't take any convincing to go that route again.

I don't remember as much of Emily's birth as I do Edward's. Perhaps it was because she was the first, and it was longer.

But during Edward's I felt much more aware of what was happening. We sat at 3 a.m., having a cup of tea and chatting with the midwife about her experiences in Europe, with Enya singing in the background.

It was Valentine's Day...a musical moment in time that froze in my memory.

A definite "labor of love."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful memory for you!

Caz x