Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fabulous Fall Feeling

I love alliteration! (See above for proof.)

And I love a crisp Autumn day!


November 2004


It always brings to mind childhood memories:

**We liked to play outside until our noses froze and ran. (I was always thankful if I found a crumpled up tissue stuffed in my pocket.)

**We used to rake up the leaves and jump in them -- over and over until they were just leaf dust. It didn't matter how chilly the wind got. We always stayed out until it was too dark to see, and we smelled fresh like the cold air.

**Do you remember swinging and trying to touch the sky with your toes? I liked to try to touch the colorful leaves.

**My mom always bought ginger snaps in the autumn. So we enjoyed them with cold apple cider. Tastes that went with the season.

I'm always amazed by the way the trees change colors differently each year. We lived in a second-floor apartment in the city and had a maple tree right outside our diningroom window. Some years it was brilliant yellow. Others it was reddish-orangish-yellow. I loved that tree.

And I love this season, which is why I told the kids to abandon My Little Pony and her Ponyland Kingdom and bundle up to go outside and play in the crisp, fading Autumn afternoon.

The leaves have nearly all fallen...

No comments: